Friday 20 January 2012

Newbie

New Contributor: Kimmzi

Name: Kim Kaur
Home Parkrun: Cannon Hill, Birminghm
Date of first parkrun: 20/08/11
Total Number of parkruns: 04

My parkrun history: I have beaten my PB every time I've took part in Parkrun..Not sure how long this will continue.

I began running last year May because I wanted to take part in my local Birmingham half. I must admit I developed the so called "running bug". Surprisingly from never having time for myself , since running I have managed to find time for "me".

I've had past two months off due to a "runners toe". Now I'm ready to rock n roll.

I came across Parkrun by random engine search. I remember my first run at Cannon Hill;I absolutely loved the whole experience. It was so well organised with lovely people around me. However, my problem is I work shifts so I am not able to attend as often as I would like to. But I've signed up for Silverstone Half in March and need to get training.

I would like to work on my speed, though I'm always happy to run past the finishing line regardless of the time.

Races ran: Race for Life 5k, The Baggeridge 5k, RNLI Gwithian Beach 10k, BHF Blenheim 10k, Great Run Birmingham Half.

Plans: to take part in as many Parkruns as possible because I want my first t shirt :-)

So I am looking forward to sharing my progress with you and very happy to receive advice & tips.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you and welcome all comments.