Friday 21 December 2012

The training and family life balancing act

There is no doubt in my mind that one of the trickiest things I will have to contend with whilst trying to train for some PBs in the spring, is finding the time to fit training in.

With a wife and three kids to spend time with, keep happy and play my part in all that goes on, this will not be easy. I am going to have to be quite flexible and pretty inventive with when I fit training in to make sure I don't annoy my family.

If I can't find a way to fit in my training I will not be content. But if fitting in training comes at the expense of my family time then neither my family or myself will be happy. It's a balancing act for sure.

I will need to make use of every part of the day and the week to make this work:
- before work.
- lunchtimes on work from home days.
- evenings.
- weekends.
All these need to be part of my plan, but with plenty of flexibility so that training sessions can be dropped or replaced where family needs require it.

If I can find a way to balance all of that and not annoy my family, I will be doing very well  and I may achieve my PB targets.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have your problem any more.Why?I am retired and my children have flown the nest.I can work,any time,on trying to lower my parkrun PB. Sorry, very flippant.It is not easy to juggle family life and I would bet that most would put family first and PB's second.Put running first and family second and you become...answers on a post card please!!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you and welcome all comments.